Personal Information Systems v1
This article was backdated to represent when I started a personal information system.
The first information system I had was in high school when I mostly tracked my work in Evernote and Finder. The structure was heavily encouraged as part of my Theory of common knowledge course and an article by Steven Johnson called The Glass Box And The Commonplace Book. The first strucutre I implomented was to group files realted to People, Places, or Things. Then I would have tags help me filter to more topic-based categories like IB Biology, or exam notes. Lastly, I used colors to indicate some form of action shown in the key below.
- Save everything to Evernote, articles, books, inspirational iamges, notes, papers, etc.
- Main parent folders started with OrgName.Subtopic and then the first child was typically a year
- Course Names
- Subject (Ethics, Theater, Etc)
- Conent Type (Exam, Paper, Notes)
v1 Color Key:
- 🟦 Look up or check reference
- 🟨 Save this
- 🟥 Safe to Delete