personal information systems v2
This article was backdated to represent when I started a personal information system in practice.
Through college, my system was largely the same as in high school. But I made some small tweaks in the structure of my files within finder largely because it was not practical to keep a large video or Sketch files in Evernote. So I created a new structure and started to keep content outside of Evernote except for minor notes from class. I also found that accessing some content types from Evernote was hard because I was using it for a way to much. So I started to move research, inspiration, and other content I wanted to save in Are.na and implemented the new v1 Emoji Key.
School example: cca.undergrad.class/
- Course Names
- Subject (Ethics, Theater, Etc)
- Content-Type (Exam, Paper, Notes)
v1 Color Key:
- 🟦 Lookup or check the reference
- 🟨 Save this
- 🟥 Safe to Delete
v1 Emoji Key
- 🏛 Knowledge - Collections of more established knowledge.
- 💎 Collections - Anything which inspired me.
- 🔬 Research - Buckets to archive content I find when researching topics.
- ☁️ Personal - Content related to me.
- 💾 Archive - Old work that I can remove from my computer and keep just in the cloud.