Thoughts on a Tiny Co-op
I'm pretty excited about a conversation with all of the tiny garden members this past week. And I have been thinking a lot about what it would mean to create a co-op-style community. I wanted to drop down some thoughts to share with you here in the hopes that they can create a foundation that was shared with the larger community as we figure out what this next transition looks like for the tiny garden.
Some thoughts on how we can get from where we are not to where we would love to be:
- Create a collection of tasks
- Craft a message to the existing group about the transaction or migration of the group.
- How do we create start to loop people into even this document.
- Guidelines for entering and leaving the group
- How do we select new members
- How do we, onboard new members
- Is there a trial period
- How do we distribute groups tasks
- How do funds get spent?
- How do we collect and when?
- How do we make funds transparent? (I feel like this should be a two-party system. For example, we vote on when funds get spent)
Group Representation #
- How do members want to be represented on the site?
- How can we work as a group on projects?
- How is credit communicated for a group project concerning tiny factories
- What types of information do we want to share publicly and privately?
- New letter
- group chats
- group working calls
- How can we increase the diversity
A Online Co-op would mean #
- Shared group funds
- Max number of people
- Share brand to leverage
- Community to get support and feedback from
- Voting to make decisions
- Small decisions can be emoji-reaction voted
- Big decisions can be through online forms and a few days
No mentions yet.